Spring
Last Sunday..Ann Arbor was transformed from the ice floes of yore ( 3/8/2003) to this sudden burst of Spring. All my life I wondered why these Western books kept harping about Spring. Now I know. From the icy streets of -10 º C to the warmish 22 º C. It was fun to actually be walking in shorts andmore fun to see the chicks in shorts! Also I was listening to Robert Schumann's Eusebius from Carnaval. Am I partial to all largo pieces or what? Anyway it was beautiful and the weather was beautiful. I was on my bicycle and for the first time it was a real pleasure to ride it with no snow and ice to watch out for.
Not being the greatest of frisbee players I managed to knock a few heads rather than turn some on the Diag. With some blokes strumming the guitars playing the blues ( odd time to play 'dem ole blues) and it seemed like the whole campus had descended on the Diag. It was great fun.
Despite the fact that I had so much of academic work to do..This was a good excuse.

No comments: