Class Struggle
"The history of all hitherto existing societies is the history of class struggle."
Karl Marx

"The history of all hitherto existing airline passengers is the history of class struggle from economy to business."
Hirak Parikh
Thanks to overbooking and my willingness to act as a martyr ( by agreeing to fly on the next flight) I was promoted to business class..actually World Business Class. While the Economy class have-nots are stowed as galley slaves with barely enough breathing room (forget leg room) the privileged few roll in the lap of luxury. I played the part of a regular really well. While there were riots in the queue for the bathroom way back in the plane, I was up front freshing up with the wonderful softening lotion and squirting some perfume. I was really in seventh heaven for the first time in all these years that I have flown. Casually flicking the buttons on my personal TV screen, even more casually asking for my glass of Champagne(it does not taste like horse piss like i was told ( more so I am intrigued how did he ever taste horse piss?)). More casually noting that some of my fellow passengers fumbling with the buttons to get the foot rest up..Ach these bourgeois! I was also told that the air hostesses are better in the Business Class. Much to my disappointment there were two excellent stewards. Better to have one good looking air hostess than two efficient stewards. How casual can NWA get?

No comments: