Movie Fest
"One of the gifts one movie lover can give another is the title of a wonderful film they have not yet discovered. In university, I had a Shakespeare professor who was the world's leading expert in ``Romeo and Juliet,'' and who used to say he would give anything for the ability to read the play again for the first time. When I meet someone who has never seen ``The Third Man'' or ``Singin' in the Rain,'' I envy them the experience they are about to have.
Robert Ebert
Chicago Sun Times

Since I got back I have more movies in three days than I have in the past 8 months. Today I shall start the Apu Trilogy. Back home I never had a TV. Why didn't I is a topic for another blog. Till then though, the reason is not what you think.
I finally saw the The Manchurian Candidate. Not as chilling as yesterday's The Silence of the Lambs. Axelrod the screenplay writer said that the movie ""The poor thing, you know, went from failure to classic without ever passing through success. It would be nice for it to have some success.". Not surprising that the off beat thriller was not re-released till 1988 since the Kennedy assasination. American politics is still a political circus.

No comments: